Rumour mill - new Tonner DC characters (and others)

It's been a while since I really cared about the new dolls Tonner was releasing. Don't get me wrong, I still like his fashion dolls and such (Tyler et al), but ever since the sYbarites and Jason Wu's influence on Gene and the Avantguards, my interest in Tyler's world has waned.

But over the last few years, it's become apparent that ol' Bobby T and I share a common love (apart from dolls :P)....comic books! I already knew he was a big Wonder Woman fan (one of his first dolls he made was a porcelain Golden Age WW) and when he got the DC licence I was made.

Over the years he's gone through the usual people, using the regular Tyler body. But there was one character missing for me. Then the athletic body came about for Lara Croft, and the DC line was reinvented. This bigger, bustier body works so much better for the DC girls and I was still waiting for a certain character to appear.

Then it was announced this week. In Tomart's Action Figure Digest there was an interview with Robert Tonner and a few small pics of some upcoming dolls in the DC line. One was Harley Quinn (cool!) and the other was....The Huntress!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

This is the girl I've been waiting for. At one point (before Tonner did the DC dolls) I was going to makeover a Tyler to make a Huntress, as I never ever thought she'd turn up. But now I don't have to YAY! I haven't seen actual pics yet, but there's gonna be a big reveal this Friday 29th on the Tonner website. But according to the sources, she's gonna look similar to this:


 
There were also some other rumours about the new Tonner line, especially where it involves the Disney licence. Apparently, a line of dolls based on Tron may be in the works (this one I've gotta see, big time Tron fan here), as well as Alice in Wonderland (which I can only assume will be based on the Tim Burton film) and Prince of Persia. Does this mean we'll see a Jake Gyllenhaal doll soon? (Does anybody else think he looks like CM Punk?)

Unfortunately, as it'll be based on the upcoming film, it means we won't be getting an Elika doll...maybe if I pester Robert he might do one in a few years? ;)




Comments