Gene's Christmas party

For many years now I've been meaning to make a display for Christmas, using my dolls. For one reason or another, I never got around to it, but this year I made sure that I would do my festive diorama. So, here's this year's 'Seasonal Scene'.



The guest of honour hasn't arrived yet (hence the reason why I'm posting these pics so late), I think she's somewhere over the Atlantic. Oh well, I'm sure she'll be fashionably late ;)

Rondelet Gene is hosting this year's party, with guests Careless Kisses Madra and Vee for Tea Ivy (wearing Sambuca).  As you can see, Madra is giving Gene a sly look, making sure Gene doesn't upstage the party she'll have. But, of course, Gene is too savvy for that and is giving her a sly look back.




Here's a close-up of Gene, with Ivy in the background (eating a cupcake) and Gene's White Christmas tree. I love this tree! I'm gonna be on the lookout for new decorations for it, maybe even make some from beads and what-not.


Gene's refreshments of choice are cupcakes and red wine (a winning combination :P ) The cupcakes and wine bottle (including the glass that Gene is holding) is courtesy of Japanese miniatures company, Re-Ment. I ADORE their stuff, so tiny and detailed. Anyway...hmmmmm, looks like one of them has fallen on the floor and somebody is having a sneaky nibble!




There were a load more props I wanted to add to this diorama, but time was short. Oh well, there's always next year!

Comments